CMA Referral Program
The Canadian Mortgage App (CMA), by Bendigi Technologies, is Canada’s most popular mortgage app. It offers innovative tools, calculators and up to date information to help people make smarter financial decisions.
CMA has 700,000+ installations, earned over 13,000 positive ratings and has been featured by Apple in “Apps We Love” and considered by Google as one of the top 5 apps for Homebuyers. Full list of media love here.
CMA is also brand-able by professionals and offers a marketing and client engagement tool. Having both home buyers and professionals on the same platform has allowed the Canadian Mortgage App to grow into an exciting and vibrant digital ecosystem for hundreds of thousands of Canadians.
What is the CMA Referral Program?
Our goal with CMA is to provide a mobile platform where homebuyers can learn, analyze and enjoy a stress-free mobile-first experience to get their mortgage approved. However, mortgages are more than numbers, they are complex transactions, and most of our users require professional guidance, creative solutions and proven strategies.
Thus, we are inviting tech-enabled mortgage professionals with an opportunity to join us and participate in an ever evolving digital ecosystem. The CMA referral program uses advanced mobile technology to connect top mortgage professionals with next generation home buyers who need professional advice, comparative lender search and most importantly, the human touch.
How it works
Step by Step
- Homebuyer installs the Canadian Mortgage App. They can use all the tools including getting Pre-Qualified. At this point, no contact is made.
- Homebuyers at their discretion, create an account with CMA and start a mini mortgage application. They answer several questions, expressively consents to be contacted and submit their request.
- Our system analyzes the request for potential spam and sends alerts via push notification to all participating mortgage partners. Each mortgage partner will have an equal opportunity to review the lead before accepting it.
- The first broker who accepts the lead receives a second notification with the full details of the request. No other broker will be able to accept the lead after this.
- The accepting broker is required to make a phone call within 5-10 minutes from the time they accept the lead. If the lead comes in outside of working hours, then we expect the broker to communicate via text message and notify the user that they have received their request and will be in touch the next day.
- Upon contact, the broker is required to leave engagement notes, and then after every milestone. This will help us improve the quality of the service as well as rank the broker for subsequent notifications.
The Mortgage Request
Here is what you'll receive in each notification
- First and last Name (initially hidden)
- Confirmed email (hidden)
- Verified phone number (hidden)
- Preferred Contact method
- Preferred Language
- Mortgage Goal
- Mortgage amount (if applicable)
- Down payment (if applicable)
- Mortgage maturity date (if applicable)
- Location (city/province)
- User Notes (if supplied)
Pre-qualification details (if applicable)
- Gross annual income
- Down payment Amount
- Secured and unsecured debt payments or loan balances
- Employment type
- Self-reported credit score or range
- Rental plans and anticipated rental income
- Pre-qualified purchase price
- Pre-qualified loan amount and insurability
- Preferred rate, rate type and term
- Existing rate offering (if applicable)
How we distribute leads
By design, the Canadian mortgage app is a neutral entity, a brand-agnostic mobile app, that does not promote, recommend or endorse any financial institution or professionals. However, when it comes to leads, we want the best for our users and of course the most optimal conversion for you.
We know that conversion is greatly improved when a consumer and their mortgage broker naturally develop a mutual trust within the first few seconds of contact. One of the key elements that allows us to build trust is having commonalities with our fellow humans. Thus, we have been developing an intelligent lead notification and distribution platform that uses AI to match the user with the right agent at the right time. To improve the system over time, our machine learning algorithm continuously analyzes historic data to optimize the overall platform.
Response in Seconds (not minutes)
Forget about wait time, our leads come to our mortgage partners in REAL-TIME.
Like literally, the moment you get a push notification, is the exact moment that the person lifted their finger from the submit button. Thus it is important, in fact mandated that you contact the lead as soon as you accept it. It’s really simple, if you can’t contact the user in seconds, you shouldn’t be accepting the lead.
Another benefit of speed is response conversion. Harvard did a study and analyzed 15,000 leads and 3 years of phone call data and they found out that after 5 minutes, your response conversion decreases by 10x.
Cost to join
There are two parts to the program. First, you need an active CMA PRO account as a pre-requisite. You can obtain that from the app store / google play or by contacting our support team. Second, each lead that you choose to accept comes at a cost. The actual cost depends on your region, volume commitment and your conversion ratio.
How to join
Please reach out to email@example.com or book a zoom call here
Simply Yes. You can just stop accepting leads and let us know to remove you. However, you will be responsible for any unpaid invoices up to the time you decide to stop receiving leads.
You can’t. The system will automatically select you based on data we obtain from the user and from your previous engagement with referrals.
We process billing on a weekly basis.
Of course not. You can review the details of each lead and make a decision at your own discretion.
No. We work with many companies and if you already have an existing branded app with a company we work with then we will honour your existing subscription. In this case, you will receive a free upgrade to CMA PRO.
You will have to demonstrate your closing ratio. Initially, you will be required to pay for lead up front. If you can demonstrate that your closing ratio is adequate, then we would open the conversion to work together based on funded deals.